Semaglutide Injections for Weight Loss?
Semaglutide is a chain of amino acids known as a peptide that mimics a hormone called glucagon-like peptide in the body. Glucagon-like peptide has many functions.
The most relevant group of functions is as follows:
- Slowing the movement of food through the gut,
- Creating nerve signals in the brain that make us feel full, and
- Helping remove glucose from our cells via the pancreas.
These three actions work together to make us feel full even with little food, and support our blood sugar levels to be favorable for weight loss.
Over time, levels of glucagon-like peptide decrease, so adding semaglutide can help your system function as it did earlier in life, leading to a higher clearing of glucose and an increase in metabolism…both favorable conditions to allow for rapid and significant weight loss to occur.
However, it’s important to note that semaglutide shouldn’t replace lifestyle changes like diet and exercise. Instead, it’s a complementary tool to support your weight loss journey. Fit MD offers semaglutide injections in Westminster and Wheat Ridge, CO, as part of a personalized medical weight loss program.
What to Expect
Semaglutide is administered through a small needle injected into the skin once weekly with a limited starting dose that typically increases monthly. The two primary reasons for increasing the dosage slowly are to lower the chances of significant side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, and to prevent the blood sugar levels from falling too quickly, which could cause hypoglycemia, a potentially dangerous condition.
Once you begin taking semaglutide, you can expect your appetite to decrease and you to feel full more rapidly when eating. You should not expect weight loss during the first few weeks of the program as the body adjusts and responds to the new, lower blood sugar levels.
Typically, weight loss becomes more significant after week four of the program and can continue for many months…up to a year…or until you achieve your target weight. It’s not uncommon for patients on semaglutide to lose 15% of their total body weight through the process, with potentially greater results when semaglutide treatment is combined with a diet and exercise program.
Choose a Clinic with Medical Supervision
Semaglutide is a powerful and effective weight-loss option for many people. However, it is NOT for everyone and can create significant health issues and injuries, such as permanent visual loss, if given to those who:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- Are currently receiving cancer treatment,
- Have Type-1 diabetes, or
- Suffer from symptomatic gallstones.
This is why it is critical that you choose a clinic with medical supervision in dispensing semaglutide.
While it is an incredibly safe and effective weight loss tool, it can’t be stressed enough that it isn’t for everyone. Proper prescreening, dosing, and management must occur before starting semaglutide.
The Four Pillars Of Medical Weight Loss
Every medical weight loss program at Fit MD focuses on lifetime change. Dr. Ramos and his team of specialty medical providers supervise all programs, ensuring they abide by our Four Pillars of Medical Weight Loss.
One size does not fit all when it comes to medication for weight loss. We strive to find the right prescription for you to help you gain the momentum and confidence to lose weight and keep it off.
The concept of food in medical weight loss must be simple and easy to implement. We aim to help you focus on the mental, physical, and emotional components of weight loss instead of counting calories.
The best workout for weight loss and maintenance is the one you enjoy. We help you find ways to move your body that fit into your lifestyle. You’ll work with a certified Exercise Science coach who will arm you with the tools to make movement a lifelong habit.
- At Fit MD, we work to ensure you have the support needed to reach your weight loss goals. You shouldn’t have to take the journey alone – we’ll encourage you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions About Semaglutide Injections
- Is Semaglutide safe? Semaglutide is a prescription medication approved by the FDA for weight loss. When used as prescribed, it is considered safe and effective.
- What are the side effects of Semaglutide injections? Semaglutide is generally well tolerated when administered correctly, with no serious adverse reactions. Common side effects include nausea, headaches, dizziness, and mild skin irritation at the injection site.
- For how long should I take Semaglutide injections? The duration of treatment will largely depend on your needs and goals. Your physician will provide instructions and guidelines to help you reach your desired outcome. Most patients receive injections for at least 20 weeks on average.
- What should I expect during my consultation? At your free consultation with Fit MD in Westminster or Wheat Ridge, CO, your medical provider will review your medical history to determine whether Semaglutide is right for you. They will also answer any questions you may have. Lastly, they’ll create a custom plan incorporating lifestyle changes and medical support to help you reach your desired results.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION FOR
Semaglutide Injections in Westminster & Wheat Ridge, CO
If you’re struggling with weight loss, Semaglutide could be the right choice. Let Fit MD help you reach your goals.
We offer Semaglutide injections in Westminster and Wheat Ridge, CO, as part of an individualized medical weight loss program. Book your free consultation today and Live Optimized!
Interested in learning more about Semaglutide Injections?
Get in touch with Fit MD. We are here to help you with your goals.
Contact us today
To book your free consultation.